Subconscious Imprinting Technique (SIT), is most easily described as identifying and reprogramming of our limiting beliefs and behaviors that are negatively affecting our lives and keeping us from achieving goals.
Have you ever experienced being a few weeks into your fitness endeavour, feeling good, making progress, and then find yourself slipping back into patterns and sabotage all your success? Yeah, me too.
Ever find yourself catching more common colds around stressful events of the year? Yeah, me too.
Have you ever had an annoying ache or pain in your back and hip that is made better through physiotherapy, chiropractic and massage.. but still shows up in seemingly random times? Yeah, me too.
“We see our beliefs as truths, not ideas that we can change. If we have very strong beliefs about something, evidence to the contrary could be sitting right in front of us, but we may not see it because what we perceive is entirely different. We’ve in fact conditioned ourselves to believe all sorts of things that aren’t necessarily true—and many of these things are having a negative impact on our health and happiness.”
- Dr. Joe Dispenza
Sounds crazy ‘woo-woo’, right?
I feel you. So I looked up the science of the stress response cycle and what happens when this goes unprocessed, for years.
Not only did I heal myself physically and emotionally from a lot of baggage, but I personally saw people overcoming chronic physical alignments after 1-2 SIT sessions. Personally, I was able to take people’s pain from being 6/10 to a 0-1/10, without even touching them. But by give them a structured space to process old emotions and behaviors.
How does SIT work?
There are 4 steps we will go through during a S.I.T. Session:
1. REASON: You and I will discuss the Reason for your session and what you're looking to gain from the session.
2. REVEAL: Through conversation (and/or muscle testing when required), we'll Reveal the "root” of the dis-ease you're experiencing in your physical and/or emotional life.
3. REPROGRAM: The root is often a hidden belief or decision you made due to a specific life event, experience, trauma or influence.
Once the root is revealed to us, I will guide you through a specific process that will uncover the patterns that are limiting you and Reprogram the subconscious mind with new ones. New beliefs and decisions are improved to create a new outcome that aligns with the life, wellness and actions you desire.
4. RESTORE: Once you’re limiting beliefs have been identified and removed, you and I will move through a process of restoring the beliefs that you desire, that are aligned with how you want to think and feel.
What exactly is physically happening to our body when we're stressed?
1. The pupils dilate (to see better)
2. Heart rate and respiratory rate increase (to possibly run, fight, or hide)
3. More glucose (sugar) is released into the system
4. Blood is sent to our limbs (rather than our organs) to ensure we can run or fight with great strength
5. The immune system goes into overdrive and then slows right down which creates a rush of adrenaline and cortisol to provide energy to our muscular system
6. Circulation stops moving into our front brain (creative thought) and moves into our hind brain (more instinctual thought)
Short term, this is a great response to managing stress.
Long term, this can cause digestive and skin issues, poor memory and sleep, muscle tightness/aches among others.
What happens when we are constantly stressed?
1. Eventually the body can no longer can keep up with the long-term stress in the body.
2. The long-term stress compromises our immune system.
3. With a compromised immune system we start catching frequent colds, flus and other alignments.
4. Pain and suffering in the mind begins to manifest as pain and suffering in the body.
5. The body becomes addicted to this state and wants to continue to experience pain and suffering in order to experience adrenaline spikes. This is when experiences are perpetuated in order for this cycle to continue.
Once this is ingrained into your mind, it now becomes your resting state. And once it is your resting state, you are constantly reliving a memory from the past that is altering your hormonal response, keeping you locked into behaviour that has now become your personality.